Thursday, July 10, 2008

Green Boogers!

I have been trying to keep the kids busy this summer because I haven't enrolled them in anything. My kids like crafts and making things so we got beads that can take hours to create! A Highly recommended and genius activity.
This morning as I am getting ready, Emmy runs up and says she has a green booger. 'Fantastic' I told her. A little while later, she tells me her nose hurts. Again the perfect mom that I am says 'Im sorry' in my okay run along voice. I guess it's true what they say, the third times a charm because finally I saw that she was really hurt. Her eyes were watering, her nose was red, and she said 'mom please'. I thought of grabbing my camera before actually attempting the extraction of the painful green booger but I had to draw the line on my neglect. I held one nostril shut and told her to blow it out. When a black bead flew out of her nose she screamed 'What the..., but my thought it was a green one!' As she trotted along to make her next creation for Big Grandma, I couldn't help but want her to stay this way forever. I love when she talks in third person and try hard never to correct her.

9 comments:

Chelsea said...

I wouldn't correct her either! That is really the cutest thing ever. Well, could be sad if it was really stuck, and it was sad she was hurting...but how cute is she?!?!

Nicole Wynn said...

The infamous bead up the nose! So far I've only experienced this once and like you, I completely ignored my child until I saw the big red booger! I hope for everyone around you she never stops talking in the third person. Too funny:) Christa is in town lets hang out?

Rachel said...

So funny yet oh so gross! Love Emmy!

Unknown said...

Too funny! Emmy is adorable. Too bad they don't stay that way forever! We miss you guys! Hope we can see you sometime soon. Are you still thinking about August? We hope so. Talk to you soon!

Kim said...

Bead up the nose - Nice. I love Emmy. She is so cute.

Brandy said...

She is definitely her mommy's girl!!

Trina said...

Oh man that girl is way to cute!

Sheri said...

She looks so much like you in those pictures. That girl ROCKS!!!

Leslie said...

that is so funny!