Saturday, March 7, 2009

It'a a...

So my neighbor asked if I wanted an ultrasound. "Of course!" I said. 
From the beginning James was going to be the one to come with me to the ultrasound. I just figured if it was a girl, he would see it move, hear the heart-beat, and fall in love with the thought of having ANOTHER sister. 
I picked him up from school and prepped him for the thought of being in charge of yet another girl. As we were looking at the screen at the very active baby, James' eyes were wide open. He kept asking the lady what we were looking at and was trying to figure out why it looked so much like a skeleton. Finally, the tech leaned over to me and asked if I knew what those three little lines meant... (those with girls know) I took a deep breath, said yes, and told her she needed to prep the bright-eyed little boy at my feet. When she so nicely told James he was having another sister, he didn't care. All he said was "I'm just so excited we are having a baby".  
When we left, I was studying James' every move. 
Was he serious?
Was he going to snap?
Has it kicked in?
We headed to party city to get the correct color balloons to bring to Anna's classroom.  James wanted to bring some to his class too and since I am friends with both of their teachers I thought balloons were a good idea.. 
When we found Anna the look of disappointment was all over her face. She had her heart set on a boy too. It was funny to see that James was the one to comfort Anna. 
After school it was fun to think of names and get excited for the little girl being added to our family. 
To the left are some names that we like 'at the moment'. (I never know until the last minute) So please help us choose!
Why is it that I am 100% positive on the name when I am having the opposite sex?? I don't think that this baby will grow 'parts' anytime soon but if it does it will be Henry Clark!

18 comments:

Kim L. said...

Another little girl. SO FUN! Congrats. Someday, Anna will be SOOOOOOOOOO thankful.\"/

top knot extensions said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Kirsten said...

I was hoping for a boy for James, but I love, love, LOVE all those names. I picked Olivia because no one else had yet, but I think they are all so cute.

Brian said...

Congrats!!! There is something about James that is so pure and sweet. He has some of the same traits as Joe and I hope neither of them ever lose them. As for names, I think you will know when you see her, and as much as I like Molly, the whole "Molly Mormon" thing might be too much. Not my decision though. I picked Olivia, out of the 4 listed. Congrats again T & J.

carmen said...

Oh! I know the feeling well. (1 girl and 5 boys later!!) We could swap, I guess. I'll give you one of my boys for your little girl!! Not on your life, you know I'm just kidding. And I know what you mean about names. I have always had great girl names, and could never decide on a name for my boys until the last minute!! How funny. Well, I'm sure James will make great boyfriend/husband material because he will be so empathetic from growing up around all those women!! You are so lucky Tricia!! CONGRATULATIONS! Enjoy!!

carmen said...

Oh, and I voted for the name Olivia, because I know an Olivia, and she is as beautiful on the inside as she is on the outside!!

BandHGardner said...

What fun. Congrats! I think Eliza Lambson has a nice ring to it.

Kristen said...

Yeah!! I know I have told you that already, but just for blog sakes! :) Just kidding. I think Olivia is beautiful, it is super popular though.(which isn't a bad thing) but you can tell from our little one that we like not-so-popular names. I voted for Eliza. Although I super like Nora. Crap, now I can't decide! I just threw off the whole voting process!!! AHHH!!!

Lexi said...

Ah! Another girl! That will be so fun. I am so excited to see her!

Cindy said...

I am still super excited that you are having girl!! I love it because we have girls that are more or less the same ages and can always be friends. Love your name choices but the name Avery popped in my head when I thought of you.

Sheri said...

Woohoo! Now we have to pick a date for your baby shower...

Nicole Wynn said...

Congrats! We are just as much consumed by girls as you will be! Love it! I love the name Eliza, then Nora. Good luck :)

Nuestra Familia said...

Congrats, I saw your dad the other day and he told me. That's really great and I really like your boy name too.

Kami said...

Congratulations!!

Brandy said...

Girls!!! Yae! Girls are fun! But then again, what do I know! Congrats!

Courtney said...

Wahoo for another girl!!! That is SO exciting! By the way, seriously, how cute is James?? I LOVE that kid.

Carrie Anne said...

congratulations! at least there are tons of really cute girl names!!! what a good big brother james is!:)

Dallas and Krista said...

I like Nora for whatever that's worth!