Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Juneapalooza

The weekend before my birthday I went on  a girls 'staycation'. Kristen, Marci, Lynn, and I stayed at the Hilton in Scottsdale (with a visit from Regan) and had a blast. We went shopping, went to Sonic A LOT, lounged in the lazy river, and had fun just laying out. One night we ate out at Oreganos.... YUM! Lynn was wanting just one little single slice of pizza that they wouldn't give her. We tried EvERYTHinG! Coincidentaly, the table next to us had a couple of kids! We asked them if they would be willing to order Lynn a single slice of pizza from the kids menu. The family was so nice and the man was funny. Not only did she get her slice of pizza they shared their other pizza as well.   I LOVE LOVE LOVE these girls and can't wait for next years girls trip! 

The day before my bday, I had a baby shower.  Cute cake huh! Thank you...Marci, Kristen, Sheri, and Tiffany! We had a lot of fun mingling and getting facials! I think it made me a little scared though of adding a new little one to our family. It has been 4 years since I have had a baby and dressed something in clothes so small! Then we completed the night watching SYTYCD! What better way to go!

The night of my shower I started feeling congested and that a sinus infection was coming?!?! So Friday, the next morning, my bday, I was not feeling well. We didn't really plan anything because I had a whole week of fun so I just lounged the whole day! On Saturday, I was mad. I called the dr. who didn't want to prescribe me anything. Marci was going to take me out for my bday on Fri but I wasn't feelin' it! Saturday I wasn't feeling it either but with some persuasion and a pedicure she got me out of the house. Before I left Jared had made me a Root beer Float bday cake! He actually was starting a Red Velvet cake too that he said was for his Sunday School class. A little excessive some might say.... but if you know Jared it wasn't that weird for him to make me something and his class. 
So Marci and I headed to get a pedicure then some shopping. We were a little rushed because we were meeting Kristen and Reagan for dinner. Kristen was just going to meet us at my house so we headed back. When I opened the door to my house there were several people yelling 'SURPRISE'! Needless to say I WAS surprised and confused! Jared is getting WAY to good at hiding things! Normally he gets too excited and tells me my bday, Christmas, or any gift before he should! Apparently for over a week he had a surprise party planned. He had friends in on it and everything. I guess as soon as I left he was a mad-man trying to get everything together.  (I'm a little sad because there was no group pic) Jared BBQed and we all ate and hung out! Afterward Jared was nervous I would be mad because I wasn't feeling well but we had so much fun and he put so much thought into it, how could I be?! 

10 comments:

Brian said...

I'm tired just reading it. I'm glad Juneapalooza was a success! It sucks about the sinus infection. From someone who gets them like women get periods, I feel your pain!

Kim L. said...

WOW! Happy Birthday. Minus the sinus infection... what a fun time! Good job, Jared! I can't believe you are like 28 days from having a baby! Good luck!

carmen said...

Happy Birthday! What a sweet hubby. You look just beautiful! Cute shower cake, too!

BandHGardner said...

Happy Birthday, Tricia! You are beautiful.

Sheri said...

My invitation must have gotten lost in the mail. That's ok. I still love you and hope you had a good birthday even though you were sick.

Heidi said...

You're life is too fun and cute, I love you guys! I'm sorry I have missed every freakin thing, I wish I wasn't too busy for fun but I guess thats my life right now. Miss ya, again, sorry. Love ya!

Kirsten said...

happy birthday and sorry I missed your baby shower again. that cake makes me want to lick my computer screen. I think I might be hitting Jared up for the recipe.

Brian said...

The pregnant belly cake??? Um...Kirsten, that's a little weird!!!

Unknown said...

miss you guys! happy belated birthday! Baby's coming soon! You ready?

RegaNater said...

Surprise!!!!!!!!!!!!1111 That was so fun. How you holding up in this aweful heat. My heart goes out to you. I'm miserable and I am not pregnant. You poor thing.