Wednesday, September 16, 2009

9 years

Yesterday my baby turned 9!!
9?
How can I have a 9 year old?
I remember taking James home from the hospital (riding in the backseat of course!) with Jared driving the speed limit or a little under!! I remember his first words, when he crawled/walked. I remember the first time I was so excited to sign him up for sports.
I remember...
*his first words
*taking him to Disneyland/ the beach almost daily
*him secretly sucking Anna's binky in the corner
* him acting out Hercules
* walking ALL the WAY to Craig park
* how he would say I was pootiful
* his obsession with Spiderman
*his imaginary bird Pete (he would walk around with string cheese on his shoulder for Pete)
* how excited he gets over anything
* all of his 'interesting' get-ups
*his first day of kindergarten (probably because he got beat up... for not teasing the girls)
*how excited he was when we (I) had Anna, Emmy, and Molly even though he really wants a bro!
*how sensitive and caring he is

James is such an easy-going great kid and I am so glad he's mine!!


His favorite things right now...
ME!!! jk
Football
Fishing/Hunting/Shooting


9 comments:

Brian said...

I think the kindergarten story is awesome. James is one of the sweetest PEOPLE I know, not just boy. He's amazing!! Happy B-day James!!!

Rachel said...

I LOVE the floatie picture. That is a gem. Happy Birthday James!

Karen Lambson said...

Thanks for the memories. All of the pictures were great but the one of James and Anna holding hands made me cry. I love you James!

Kirsten said...

Wow! Happy Birthday James!

Tim said...

Great pictures - James is huge now.

carmen said...

Way Cute Kid! (I love the picture of the two of you!!) Happy Birthday, James!

Sarah Hull said...

I love james!
Happy Birthday Buddy!!!
LOVE the swimming suit/floaties/hat git-up! I think I might have been there for that one. I love it!

Sheri said...

All those pictures are awesome! and they all showcase James' personality.

Happy Birthday James!

Cindy said...

The picture of James are great! I can't believe he is 9 and I sometimes wish we could go back to the walks to Craig Park, and the kids being so little. The little one of James and Anna brought back so many memories!