Saturday, August 4, 2007

Christine aka birthmom!

I am going to give a brief synopsis of my birthmother Christine. It gets a little confusing so hopefully I can clear stuff up. I started to search for my B-mom when I was 18. i took the process slow but about 5 months later I got a phone call from my investegator and she said "I talked to your birth mom and she is going to call you in 10 min.!" First I thought we would write letters and eventually meet. Next, I was thinking what I could possible say... lets be honest, I couldn't really think at all. I was shopping at Express in Fiesta Mall with James. I hurried and called my mom and she said to talk to her and then call her after. She called and said "Hi, this is Christine" I think I cried for about 20min. and then finally responded with "HI". Profound after 19 years huh??? Then rest of the conversation is a blur but we did decide to meet. I met Christine Dec. 2000. We met at Chili's on Warner and Arizona Ave. I wanted to meet in a crowded place just to make sure she wasn't psycho. Good news, she isn't. My parents were sitting at a different booth making sure everything went okay. I believe we were there for 3 hours and only ordered a lemonade. I brought my scrapbook and we summed up my whole life in those 3 hours. She has 2 boys Ethan and Aaron. At the time Christine was teaching elementary school. Since this happened over Christmas break when they came back Aaron was telling people he had a sister and people thought Christine was pregnant! She had a lot of explaining to do! After that we had just kept in contact. We realized that we have been at the same places at the same time. Weird huh? She was at the Suns' game when the gorilla broke his leg... so was I. When we lived in Cali. Ethan had a basketball tournament literally less than a mile from where we lived. We had already met but we have had so many situations like that and it is really weird. I wonder if before we met we had walked right by each other without even knowing... Now it feels as if we have known each other forever. We all love her and glad her family is in our lives! (These are pictures from lunch!)

6 comments:

Brian said...

Weird, I was at that Suns game also. REALLY. Small world! I'm glad that you have that kind of relationship with your Birth Mom. I'm happy for you!

Ami Bethea said...

Tricia, hey I would be happy to help you with your blogs. Sorry we didn't get to talk at the movies, I turned around and you were gone! Email me at thebetheas@cox.net and let me know the details of what you would like and we can go from there. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to trade pictures of my boys, you are such a great photographer! Talk to you soon. Ami

Sheri said...

You are so lucky! I've met Christine and she is such a nice, warm person.

Marci said...

I love that story.... and I think Christine is such a sweet lady! Anyways I saw that you called today I woudl call you back now but I am sure you are busy with the kids. Call you tomorrow. love ya

Cara said...

So thats where you get your red hair. I hope your next child gets it too! So, when will that be?

Dallas and Krista said...

Shes almost as pretty as you :). I was sad i didn't get a chnce to talk to you at church today to tell you how darling you looked! And I love the pics of our kiddos on the first day of school. Those are always the best pictures!