We laid out on the beach for awhile.
Then we saw people tubing. Why not, I said?! Jared and I went on a two seater tube and had a great time. Jared flipped off 3x. Finally he told the guy driving that he would pay him to flip me off. Oh silly Jared! The guy even let us ride longer because he said he met his match. He couldn't do it. I'll be honest, a few hours later my arms were killing me. I had a kung-fu grip on that thing!
Then we saw people tubing. Why not, I said?! Jared and I went on a two seater tube and had a great time. Jared flipped off 3x. Finally he told the guy driving that he would pay him to flip me off. Oh silly Jared! The guy even let us ride longer because he said he met his match. He couldn't do it. I'll be honest, a few hours later my arms were killing me. I had a kung-fu grip on that thing!Later we got our pictures taken, split up in different groups, and went to dinner. We went to El Goucho which was an Argentine Grill. The food was amazing. It was so fun to talk to the other couples as well. We had a great time. 

Sat. we met at the pier and went sailing/snorkeling! Again, LOVE sailing. Yep I made Jared pose like this with me!
We sailed over to a little cove and snorkled. There were so many different kinds of fish. Next we went to a ship wreck. It was a little eerie. Last we went to a reef that had cool marine life. Another boat pulled up next to us that looked like a pirate ship. It had a ledge that you could jump off and a rope swing. The husband of one of my favorite couples asked if I wanted to be his wench and escape to the pirate ship. Of course, I said!
We snuck over there and jumped off the ledge. Once they found out we were from the other boat they wouldn't let us go. On the way back I just laid out at the front of the boat while people kept bringing me drinks and the best chocolate chip bread. YUM!
Only in Aruba do I not wear shorts when I swim... Sorry just close your eyes! Although I too took advice from 'anonymous' and am trying the no shorts thing. If I can do it anyone can! Bums Ahoy right?!
We sailed over to a little cove and snorkled. There were so many different kinds of fish. Next we went to a ship wreck. It was a little eerie. Last we went to a reef that had cool marine life. Another boat pulled up next to us that looked like a pirate ship. It had a ledge that you could jump off and a rope swing. The husband of one of my favorite couples asked if I wanted to be his wench and escape to the pirate ship. Of course, I said!
We snuck over there and jumped off the ledge. Once they found out we were from the other boat they wouldn't let us go. On the way back I just laid out at the front of the boat while people kept bringing me drinks and the best chocolate chip bread. YUM!
Only in Aruba do I not wear shorts when I swim... Sorry just close your eyes! Although I too took advice from 'anonymous' and am trying the no shorts thing. If I can do it anyone can! Bums Ahoy right?!We got back and had to hurry to get our next van. We headed to the other side of the island which is more desert.
It was funny to hear the others in the bus that thought the desert was beautiful. It really just looked like home for us. We got to the ranch where we took horses out on the beach. Let's just say, Pebbles and I weren't friends! The horses have been trained to gallop on certain parts of the trail and I was not ready for it. Not the highlight of my trip. We rode the horses to a natural pool.
It was so fun. There were crabs everywhere and a hot spring. We were casually swimming around when a huge wave crashed over the rocks. I loved it.
When it was time to go back it was a little easier to just let the horse do what he wanted. As much as I disliked Pebbles, I loved the scenery.
It was funny to hear the others in the bus that thought the desert was beautiful. It really just looked like home for us. We got to the ranch where we took horses out on the beach. Let's just say, Pebbles and I weren't friends! The horses have been trained to gallop on certain parts of the trail and I was not ready for it. Not the highlight of my trip. We rode the horses to a natural pool.
It was so fun. There were crabs everywhere and a hot spring. We were casually swimming around when a huge wave crashed over the rocks. I loved it.
When it was time to go back it was a little easier to just let the horse do what he wanted. As much as I disliked Pebbles, I loved the scenery.
Jared and I then walked around downtown and ate at a cute little rib joint. We were zombies. I think we really wore ourselves out that day.
Sun. we slept in, lounged around, shopped, and packed. When we checked out we found out we had money left over so we ordered more drinks got suveneirs and blogged! Yep I blogged in Aruba. We went to the airport where we had to get "cleaned" off because we were in contact with livestock. Weird! Because we rode horses we had to get cleaned which was dumb. Then we got on the plane and flew home.
It was so nice to have our kids waiting at the airport it was time to see them.
I want to give a shout out to everyone who helped with the kids. Kim and Brian, Trina, and especially Darrel who sacrificed so much to pick us up from the airport!, Mom, Marci, and Christine. The kids had a great time with everybody! I can't thank you enough. You guys ROCK.
26 comments:
How funny I am the first to comment on your blog! I know I just got off the phone with you and told you happy birthday but I am going to post it on your blog. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, grandma (jk). I really love this Aruba post it is like reading a story everyday :)! I am kidding, love the pics you look like one hot mama!!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY! And HOLY COW! I want to go to Aruba. Looks like so much fun. I am glad you saw Jack and Rose there. You totally pull off the no shorts swim thing. I think America needs you!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY T! This post rocked! I think Aruba is now #1 on my destination wish list! i'm surprised Jared let you be someone else's wench! I think guys should start the no shorts thing too!
Happy Birthday, girl! Looks like you guys had an amazing trip!! That is just TOO cool! The language that they speak on Aruba is called Papiamento (only spoken on Aruba)---glad you were able to get around without a translator :) Anyways, you are totally hot mama in your swimsuit! You look great!!
I can't read these anymore because I am getting so freaking mad and jealous of you...happy birthday jerk. just kidding have fun.
Now that is great trip - I had fun just READING about it!!
Happy birthday and you suck...just kidding. That vacation looks and sounds way too good to be true.
The picture of you in the robe on the couch is my personal fav.
I am so jealous! It looks like it was so amazing! So I guess it's your b-day! Happy birthday!
Happy Birthday Tricia girl. I wanted to give you a call but my voice is gone. I love all the pictures. What an amazing trip. I will give you your gift soon. Have a great one!!! :)
Happy Stinkin' Birthday!!!!(yesterday)
ok, so first off, the "titanic" picture made me laugh so hard that I had tears! Bryant was busting up too saying how funny you are to make Jared do that.
You look gorgeous. I love your hair and outfits!
What a super fun trip!!
Um, I don't see the thank you for the guy who picked you up from the airport.
You must not have read the whole thing Darrel. You should see something about that!
Wow that looks like it was so much fun, i want to go on vacation somewhere like that LUCKY!!
Darrel, you are SO selfish!
What a fun trip! It sounds like you had a blast and were able to do tons of fun things.. Happy Birthday yesterday, I am horrible that I didn't call... I hope that it was great and I am extremely jealous of your trip.
ARUBA!!Dang that is not fair at all.I'm going to have to talk to Ryan about Ciba Vision and tell him to do a little more business with them:)Looks like you had a fun relaxing time.Cute bathing suit by the way.
I loved this post. Aruba looks amazing. I'm glad you had a fun time. Unlike all of the other jealous people out there, I am happy for you that you got to go (ok, so I am a little jealous too, but still, happy for you).
And Jared, thanks for the treats. They were yummy.
Tricia, I am having a jeans party on Saturday. You should come & bring lots of friends. I don't have your email but the invitation is on my blog. There will also be purses, shirts, & jewelry. Tell people to come even if you can't.
Wow! Super fun trip! I so wish that was me laying out on the boat! Good thing you look like a mega hot babe! Miss you- can we hang out sometime?? PS Happy birthday to you :)
Wow! Good for you guys! What a great opportunity. It looks amazing. Now if only I could arrange it so Tim and I could go...
WOW! what a super FREE vacation. You guys are so lucky, no kids!! SO LUCKY. we had vball yesterday, not too good of a turn out, maybe next week.
That is so fun!!!
I love that you were never thrown from the tube, I'm the same way I hold onto that thing for dear life. So you think you can dance was seriously fun, even though I end up rewatching it because I like to hear what they say. Is that over obsessive? Please tell me you do it too. I won't be here this week. I'm off to Oklahoma!!!
I can't beleive I totally forgot to give your present when I saw you!!! I will bring it by this week. I was telling Wade all about the book on tape we were listening to, we are both still laughing!
What a fun trip! It was good to meet you, now I can stalk you too :) Dallas cracked up when I told him what you said about donuts and AJ. He said hi!
Tricia, I just started training...it is good so far. My neighbor and I go on our long runs together which is GREAT. How is your training going? Any tips? I found a fabulous pair of Nike dri-fit running shorts which I seriously have a testimony of :) Let me know how you are doing!
It looks like you guys had so much fun!!!
Post a Comment