Driving to Cali. with the girls. (think back in time!)
Brrring Brrring!
Me: Hello?
Sultry voice on the other end.. aka Jared: Do you have a passport?
Me: Yes (thinking wahoo! it's birthday month)
Jared: Alright then
CLICK
What is going on? Later, after I get pulled over on the I10 and am in need of some good news. (I only got pulled over for registration sticker) Jared calls back. He told me his office won tickets to ARUBA and no one can go! So by default we were next in line. I guess if you sold X amount of contacts, you won?! Thank you Ciba Vision! It was an all inclusive trip plus they gave Jared and I each some spending money! It was a sacrifice, but I gladly excepted the responsibility NAY the obligation to go.
Jared looked and his passport was expired so he had to expidite it. Once he said this I wasn't expecting to go. (I heard passport issues are the worst) He said no matter what I could go because my passport was fine so I was receiving many offers from people with passports. Luckily, Jared got it all cleared and we rearranged everything to go to ARUBA.
From this point, all I knew about ARUBA was the song "Aruba Jamaica oooo I wanna take ya to Bermuda Bahama come on pretty mama..."


6 comments:
No way. That is so cool. When are you going?? Happy Birthday in a few days right??
Was that a teaser? How was it? What happened?
You won't believe how jealous Ian is. I said, "Can't you just be happy for them?" And he said, "no." And that was before he found out that you went without your kids :)
Sorry, but I was hoping for passport issues. At least I would have been in the running to go...
I, unlike others, am SO happy for you and your good fortune!
BUTTHEAD!!! Not fair.
That ROCKS!!! My little brother is serving his mission on Aruba right now! He totally LOVES it. Most of his mission pictures look like he is on some wonderful, tropical get-away...not a mission :) Oh, that is just WAY too cool! Good for you guys! I love it when things like that happen!
I hope you guys had a blast! I mean sun, sand, no kids, what could be better!!
Post a Comment