Monday, June 16, 2008

Off to Aruba!

Because we had such short notice we were limited on the flights we could take. We ended up leaving at 10pm Tues. night. Thanks to Kim, Brian, and Joe who stayed at our house with the kids. (The day before they went to Cali) We took a red-eye flight to New Jersey then went to Aruba. We got to Aruba at 1pm (Aruba time) so needless to say we didn't sleep Tues. night. We decided to take a little nap before we went to dinner.

It was exciting because I obviously never get dressed up for dinner and it was actually fun to get dolled. I am sure Jared didn't know what to do, he is so used to seeing me in my pjs! Because it was a semi business trip Ciba Vision had the dinners arranged. We ate every kind of food imaginable, sat under a huge cabana and listened to the coolest band. We felt a little out of place because we were at least 10-15 years younger then everyone there. When people found out Jared was a doctor and that we had 3 kids we were definitely... unique. Jared apparently married down because all the wives were either doctors as well or had successful careers. It didn't take long for us to fit in and find some cool people though or maybe we just seemed fun after awhile because everyone took advantage of the open bar??!!


On Thurs. Jared had a meeting in the morning so I decided to head to the beach to lay out before my appointment at the spa. That's right I decided to use some of my complimentary cash fund for the important things like a mud wrap and a facial. I'll be honest I am not a huge fan of the wraps. I just wanted to try something I have never done. It was fun but I don't need to do that again. I met up with Jared for lunch at a cute little restaurant. We just laid out at the beach until our next dinner. We stayed at the Hyatt which was beautiful. The views from every direction were breathtaking. It was so fun because iguanas were just walking along the paths. There were also crabs and parrots that would whistle at you. I'll be honest I wanted to take them all home.


We had to meet at the pier where a sail boat was waiting to take us to another little island. I have to say I felt a little like Lauren and Kristen from Laguna Beach. I am a HUGE fan of sailing. I didn't want to bring my big camera because I felt stupid. I thought everyone was used to this lifestyle and I wanted to be a little professional. After I talked to people I wish I had brought it. Everyone was down to earth and was just as excited as me.



We got to Renaissance Island where we walked off the boat onto a red carpet. We walked down to a picture out of a magazine. The beach was gorgeous, the palm trees were all lit up and the whole island was decorated in a pirate theme. I only had my little camera and the pictures don't do it justice, it was amazing. Again the food was wonderful and we actually danced on the dance floor. Thats right I got Jared to dance. (and not just the lucy dance) Then we took little speed boats back went to bed because we knew Fri. was when the real fun starts!

11 comments:

Mary said...

SOOOOO Super neat!! what a way to spent your summer! The pictures are beautiful!!! How fun!!!!!

Chelsea said...

How amazing is that! I had no idea it was so pretty there. I am like you and just know the song! :) Maybe I need to get a passport just in case!!

Sheri said...

O.k. now I'm jealous too.

Courtney said...

Ah! That is just TOO cool!! Love your Christian Dior's! I thought about getting those...they look WAY cuter on you than they did on me :)

Marci said...

It looks like it was an amazing time. I am still crying over not getting an invite though!

Brian said...

What are you drinking Tricia??? Open bar...

LauraB said...

Careful, Brian, the same question could be asked of you if a certain picture were posted!!

Brian said...

Go ahead Laura!

Nicole Wynn said...

I'm sooo super jealous! That is so cool that you guys are able to go on such a wonderful trip. The pics are amazing!

Crazy Momma said...

LUCKY!!!! I need something like that sooo bad right now. You lucky lady you.

Jen Hilton said...

You are so cute. This is like a good book, I want to keep reading.