Thursday, October 30, 2008

Where dreams come true

Jared had another business trip that the whole family was dragged too!! Jk. I LOVE when it takes us to California! I called the HULL HOTEL to see if they had vacancy and we were off!  The trip there was okay. I didn't get pulled over so that was a plus.. (don't worry my license is no longer suspended) We made SEVERAL bathroom breaks that were annoying but at least we stopped by the dinosaurs where my kids got a very good lesson about PEE WEE HERMAN! 
A little while later during the windy part of Indio I knew if I let go of my steering wheel we would have crashed. I have NEVER driven that when it was so windy. which Im sure it was so safe taking a picture!! A mile later, I see in my rear view mirror a large reflector light bouncing down the middle lane. The wind ripped my tail light right off!! Never a dull moment! 
I'm glad I decided to go up a day early and have fun with Sarah and her fam. But apparentally forgot to take my camera out!! Honestly I wish everyone could meet her. I seriously go from withdraws and would cry if I couldn't see her. I don't know how she does all that she does or keeps up with everything but she does and then some. 
In the morning the kids and I left to check into our hotel. When we got to the counter the lady asked "would you like to be up high or down low?" In unison the kids screamed UP HIGH! Alright we are up high. (remember that in a little bit...) 
We hung out in the hotel for a little bit, grabbed some over priced dinner, then got dressed in our halloween costumes and get excited for trick-or-treating at Disneyland.
We rode the tram  and could have called it a night acording to Emmy. She loved it! 
In California Adventure they had SO many candy booths and were just throwing handfuls of candy in our bags. The kids were having so much fun. I took the KIDS (- James) pictures with princesses, the step sisters, and Anna's favorite The Mean Queen from Snow White.
As we were walking to another booth, James spotted Jack Sparrow. 
 I inched closer and  I told the kids to hold on cause mommy needed a picture with Jack Sparrow!! 
We rode rides and then decided to leave so that we could see Jared. 
The next couple of days were just spent at Disneyland and California Adventure. Rough... I know!  My camera ran out of battery and I WAS smart enough to charge it. However to put the battery back in my camera seemed to escape my mind. I did remember the camera though but that clearly didn't help so we didn't get too many pics. I guess I just have to go back! 
I also got to hang out with Candice and her seriously amazing kiddos! Our kids get along great and this time we didn't look quit so much like a circus act!!
I LOVE hanging out with her. Her Hubby Steven manages ESPN ZONE.. which = yummy food!!
 Calvin wouldn't let me take his pic 
I  could send the older two kids on rides by themselves which was fun (I didn't completely ditch them I was waiting at the exit with Emmy)  We actually had more fun and rode more rides then I expected. After an exhausting couple of days we crashed in our hotel on the 14th floor    James and Anna climbed onto their couch bed, Emmy fell asleep on one of the other beds (We moved her to the floor as soon as she went to sleep) Then Jared and I crashed. 
To be continued. . .  does this look familiar???

7 comments:

Sarah Hull said...

Oh, don't leave us hanging! Please tell me the Fire alarm did not go off again!!!

I LOVED seeing YOU! It is such a treat. and what an awesome friend you are to always come to me! I love it! I have my countdown calendar until the next time... christmas break, spring break...which one will it be??????

LOVED the Disneyland pictures. The girls looked PERFECT and you looked fabulous with Jack on your arm!

I am dying over the camera story. That is so funny!

Love you and miss you already! KIT

Lexi said...

Sounds like so much fun! I especially love the picture with Jack Sparrow. I don't understand it, he is a dirty pirate with nasty hair and is still undeniably sexy!

Sheri said...

I looked at this post with Max and he wanted to know why Jared was Jack Sparrow? He said, "Wow! Jared looks just like him!"

hee,hee

Brian said...

Ok, FIRST, the girls look adorable. Second, I'm sure you didn't hesitate ONE SECOND before rushing to Jack Sparrow's side!!! Kim would have done the same thing. Umm, how does a tail light get blown off by the wind?? AND Lastly, I want to know how much of the Pee Wee Herman history you told your kids?? SCARY! Sounds like you had a blast! And I'm sure that picture of Embassy Suites makes Joe's day. He's obsessed.

Cindy said...

Fun pictures. I am super jealous that you go to do the Halloween Party, that is our favorite! Anna & Emmy's costumes are great, (although she would have been a cute Boots, too.)

Kim said...

Mmmm....Jack Sparrow. It looks like you had fun at Disneyland. Anna makes a PERFECT Alice. We are going to Disneyland soon. Joe can't wait.

Kristen said...

Oh my goodness! That looks like fun. I love going to Disneyland. I haven't been for a while...I totally can't wait till Sasha is old enough to really enjoy it!!