As I checked into our hotel I joked with the receptionist that the last time we stayed there we were evacuated. Apparently she was working that night too and we had a good laugh. After the kids won and we had a room on the 14th floor, I grabbed my bags, looked back at the receptionist and said, 'Welp! I hope it doesn't happen again cause we are on the 14th floor!!"
After two days at Disneyland we were exhausted. The kids fell asleep on their bed, when Emmy fell asleep we moved her to the floor, and we were passed out!!
A couple hours later, I kid you not, the excruciatingly LOUD sirens and annoying lights that I remembered from the last time(featured here titled FALL BREAK)were going off again. As I rubbed my eyes and pinched myself to make sure that it was happening for real, I almost cried.
Thoughts running in my head...
* ARE YOU SERIOUS??
* was the receptionist trying to be funny?
* Are we really going to carry our kids down 14 flights of stairs?
As I learned from the last time, I already had appropriate pjs on! Last time people came out in some INTERESTING things!!
We got the kids and started heading down! We stayed outside for almost and hour and then headed back up. We decided to hike back up the 14 floors because the line for the elevator was ridiculous. We got the kiddos back in bed then Emmy realized that every time she woke up she was on the floor. She looked at Jared and I and said, waving her arms in a funny little voice;
Every time mine wake up, my falled off the bed. My not get any owies, WOW!
And went back to sleep.
In the morning when we were checking out I decided to tell the front desk how ridiculous that was. We didn't complain the first time but 2 times? Come on.
The lady just informed me that they take their fires seriously and that it wasn't a drill. She also said maybe next time I should get a room closer to the floor!! OUCH! I knew that it wasn't a drill but I thought I should get something right?? Where was the customer service?
When we got home and I told some people about the situation, they suggested calling the corporate office. I thought sure why not what is the worst that can happen.
I call and without hesitation, they sent us vouchers for another night. I was so happy!!!
Get ready Sarah!!
I will give them one more try. I have to say if it happens again, I will give up on Embassy Suites!
13 comments:
Way to go T! A free night is awesome. If you don't ask, you won't get, right? Although when we go I am going to have to ask for a lower floor. I don't trust them. I think the receptionist secretly had something to do with it!!!! Also, don't tell anyone, but Emmy is my favorite! I hope she never changes how she talks, but I think that it would be a little strange in High School.
OH MY GOSH!!! I am SO ready and waiting! Thank you Embassy Suites!
However, I CAN not believe that happened TWICE!!! AND on the 14th floor!! I am dying over this story!
Just tell me when and your blankets and couch will be ready!
Joe says he will NEVER give up on Embassy Suites. The evacuations are part of the adventure. He also says that the Disneyland/Embassy Suites combo is his favorite place on Earth.
That is so crazy! We have had that same experience at an Embassy Suites. It scared the crap out of my kids. The next time we went, that was all they could talk about!
I do see your update- It is strange that it would happen again. It was great to see you this weekend- you are way fun to hang out with.
Seriously the last 2 times you stayed there the alarm goes off. I for sure would have complained too. Sounds like a fun trip minus the late night wake up call. You cant beat Disneyland on Halloween.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO JARED! YOU ARE AWESOME. I HOPE YOU HAVE A GREAT DAY!
oh my! wow that sounds like a good reason to never stay there again
I will NEVER give up on the Embassy Suites. Even though I carried two children done 11 flights of stairs at 3 am last October, I still love them dearly. It's those beds and that breakfast. For me, the good out weighs the bad :)
That is Hilarious!! You guys are spoiled always getting to go to California!! My kids are dying to go back and we havent been for years. I just hate that drive!! We did it so much while we were in school. It looks like you all had a good time.
Hey Tricia! How have you been?? I wanted you to know that I love reading your blog. It's always filled with cute stories about your family, and I love your photos! You have such an amazing talent. I was sad when I couldn't find your photo blog. I have used your awesome pics for inspiration when taking snapshots of my own family. I have a list of my favorite photographers on my blog, and I wanted to add you, but I couldn't find you anywhere. Did you change your address?? Anyway I just wanted to let you know that I think you're a great photographer!! Hope you and your family are doing just great!!
Carmen. :o)
Emmy is hilarious.
Ok, so, did you do the Phoenix Marathon? I could hardly do that 1/2 marathon and was just as sore after that as I was after the marathon. Pathetic!
Anyways, which 1/2 are you doing in January? I need another race to sign up for...want to do another race together??
Post a Comment