Monday, February 9, 2009

Good Samaritan



Friday night Jared and I decided to take the kids on a hike. So Sat. morning we loaded the kids up and headed to Papago Park. They all raced to the top of the hill and played house in the cave! I told Jared that I could smell the Port -of- Sub down the street. Even though it was only 10am, I could always do a good sub. Luckily Emmy was on my side. Jared kept telling me that we didn't need to go to lunch but Emmy gave one of her dashing smiles and puppy dog faces and Jared said yes. I remember the days when I made those faces and it worked on him but I guess those days are gone! So after our hike we headed back to the car, into Port-of- Sub and headed back to eat at the park. We stuffed our faces....mmmmm, then
 played.
 I was taking pictures when I must've had preggo brain and left it on the park bench. When we got home I realized the camera was gone. I thought FOR SURE it wouldn't be there hours later but the kids were persistent and said we would find it. I kept saying no, considering it was already 7:30pm. They all shot me their puppy dog faces and we loaded up once again and headed back to Papago Park. Half way there we decided to call the ranger 
office. Yeah I know, maybe we should've called BEFORE we left but at this point the kids were excited to play inspector gadget! The ranger on the other end said that they had the camera because someone had turned it in. 
I have to say I need to show a little more faith in people. I am SO thankful to the random stranger who turned in my camera. Little do they know, I haven't downloaded the pictures off of it for over 6months, so I am appreciative that I can still have those memories. I am grateful that my kids had faith in themselves as detectives and faith that of course someone would turn it in if they found it. 
Saturday was a good day-  I spent a beautiful morning with my family, I ate a perfectly created sub, and my faith was restored in people! 

8 comments:

Sheri said...

I think (hope) there are more good people in the world than bad. I'm so glad you didn't lose your camera. I've been wanting to go hiking. Maybe I can talk Ian into it for this Saturday. Looks like so much fun!

Brian said...

I'm glad YOU have faith in people cause I still think most of them suck! Anyway, the sub looks good and I know how much you love your camera. I'm glad you got it back and that you had a good day!

Unknown said...

I should clarify that it was my small 'in my purse' camera. Not my nice one. I think I would have freaked out if that were the case!

Brian said...

Even still, 6 months of those memories gone would have sucked!!

Sarah Hull said...

Loved this story. Loved seeing your cute/happy face. Loved the ranger and Loved that you took a picture of him. I can hear you laughing right now as you probably said "say cheese" and then told him he'd be famous on your blog (or something along those lines).

carmen said...

My hubby thought it was cool that you took a picture of the Park Ranger. This was a cute story, and you look totally adorable!! Hey I found your photo blog, and I'd love to add it to my list of cool photos to look at. Let me know!! Oh yeah, and I am STILL wondering about that gossip that you had for me a while back. It will drive me crazy until you tell me what it is!! LOL!! See you soon!

Carrie Anne said...

oh that is awesome! yeah for nice people who don't steal cameras! okay...i'm SO LOVING how you did the girls' room! thank you for the inspiration!!!! i think the zebra print is awesome & it's so not white trash! i love that you got so much of your stuff out of the dumpsters in CA & wherever else! it looks so great! i wish i could sew a quilt like you've done! you are awesome! it feels so nice to get stuff done, so way to be so motivated while being pregnant!!!! keep posting about the awesome projects!

Crazy Momma said...

there is hope last week i left my purse in the resterant.... someone ran out and caught us in the parking lot! crazy there's so much more good out there then we think daily