We were so excited to be able to go with our friends the HOOVERS. We didn't get in until late on Thurs. night so we pretty much just crashed. I had an interesting night waking up to feed Molly, trying to comfort Anna from a night terror, and plugging my ears to Emmy's uncontrollable laughing in her sleep. Jared left at about 4:30am and I was SO nervous that I wouldn't survive the day. To my surprise, everything went better then I even imagined. The kids played outside ALL day and I never heard fighting.
On one of the four- wheeler adventures, a cow was stuck in the mud with her calf circling around her.
It was actually pretty sad. Our 3 heroic men decided they would save the cow. Before the cow saving process happened, they had to first get my FIL's cat out of the mud!
With careful effort, the cow (livvy) was pulled from the mud and found walking with her calf later!
After the rescue mission to save a cow, our heroic boys went back in the forest to hunt for bambi. Ironic huh?~
The kids continued to play outside and were so excited to find all sorts of FUN creatures. I on the other hand took the pictures then went back inside!

On Saturday, we waited for the men to get home from their morning hunt (I believe that is the morning Jared shot and missed! They were bow hunting so it's a little harder!)and headed into Greer.
While playing in the creek, a man asked the kids if they wanted to fish. It was so funny to see the kids line up single file, waiting their turn. James caught a fish and was SO excited.
As we headed back we dropped our hunters back into the forest to complete their mission! It ended up being an incomplete mission for the weekend but lucky me, we will go again next weekend!
I LOVE going to the cabin. I think I planned for the worst. It was mainly me, Kim, and 8 children??!! I was expecting to be stressed out and emotionally unstable. I have to owe it to Kim, she kept me grounded and sane! She is an AMAZING mom and friend! I'll give credit to the kids too... they all played great together! So back to reality for a couple weeks then we will try it again! 
7 comments:
Sounds like an awesome time! I can't wait to go next weekend. I definitely haven't gotten to go my fair share. The cabin and a 24 pack of Dr. Pepper. Sounds like a good time to me.
Does James have fishing fever now?
I love the picture of the cow. It makes me think of the adage, "when the ox is in the mire." Don't ask me why.
Sounds like you guys had a grand time!
you are very brave.. I'm freaking out about a trip to Utah with a 3 month old. But it does look like fun! You have a beautiful family
Is Anna holding a snake???? Looks like a fun weekend away and the picture of Emmy and Molly sleeping is too cute.
Thank you for saving the cow - very noble of you all. I think it's great you took Molly out - little Valorie is a week younger and I'm already itching to take her everywhere!
Looks like you survived the camping trip and that the kids had tons of fun. I love the picture of Anna and Molly. And she is such a cute, cute baby. Oh, I also LOVE your family picture. You look AWESOME and the kids look ok too. BTW...how come we never seem to get together??
Post a Comment