Saturday, August 1, 2009

The stars were aligned

On Monday, the paramedics that were on the scene came back to check on my dad along with their chief. They said they were on a high all day because the stars were aligned with my dad that day... 

 Saturday (July 24th)   I got to the hospital before my dad because I live right there. When I got to the check in point a girl from my church was at the front desk. She asked why I was there, I gave her the name, and she was looking it up in the computer. At that point my mom had come in pretty frantic. I didn't know the whole story but my mom said my dad was completely blue. When I turned back to my friend, she just said someone will be with you in a minute. We were immediately led back to my dad. Within 20 minutes he was taken to surgery. After one stint was put in his heart the dr. came out to talk to us. He said he was so thrilled it only took 20 min. to get to him and that it was a very short time for his condition. When I went home for a little bit Saturday afternoon (hospitals gross me out. Even though they are supposed to be clean I felt like I needed a shower.) I passed back by my friend. She immediately asked how 'I' was doing. I told her that my dad was breathing on his own, the stint etc... She looked at  me and said that when the paramedics called it in they said code blue - crash cart. Meaning this guy is already gone. They were breathing for him and had to use the paddles on him three times. I knew right then that things were going to be okay because someone was looking out for him. 

I went back to the hospital (remember I went home to take a shower) and within 2 min, my dad projectile vomited ALL over me. Needless to say, I marched my 9 month plump self back downstairs and home to take ANOTHER shower! 

Back to the paramedics....

On Sunday, they  came in to see how my dad was doing and asked my mom if they could do a cable segment on the story. My dad chimed in only if he gets money!! (then he said the joke 20 more times because he has short term memory loss.) They were just amazed at how many things just went right for my dad. 

Here are just some of my dad's stars that were aligned that day...
*Rex Perry was supposed to be on a lake trip Saturday morning but they couldn't get enough boats. Rex learned CPR as a boy scout. Rex immediately administered CPR on the scene.
* Paramedics arrived 4 minutes after the call which is very fast
* 20 min. in an E.R. when you were flat lined is incredible
* at Mercy hospital the Cath-lab (where they worked on his heart) is not open on Saturdays. It is normally a 30 min. on- call time and the doctor just happened to already be there. 
* his kidneys are repairing themselves (dr. say that is normal)
* He had one stint put in then on Thurs. went in for another and the doc. said the blockage was gone? He said in his 17 years in practice, he has never seen that before. He also said nothing with my dad's case was normal though!

My dad is home now. He is still struggling a little with his memory but is said to make a full recovery. He has several broken ribs and will be in pain for awhile with those. Life continues to move on ahead.  Waiting for him at home was even a photo radar ticket! My mom was so happy with him after she got home spending lots of $$$$ on new medications! However, we are so glad (glad being an understatement) to have him home being ornery and cracking his horrible jokes! It was a week full of blessings and miracles indeed! Now if we could just get this baby to come..... 

13 comments:

Miss said...

You'd think with all the stress the baby would have sure decided to show her little face (especially after getting vomited on :S)! SO glad to hear your dad is home and recovering though. It's amazing how the Lord works, huh?!

Trina said...

Oh that is so sweet. I'm so glad hes back home and his memory is getting better. And dang those radar tickets!

Brian said...

Just tell them not to open the door for strangers the next 90 days and they will be home free from the photo radar ticket. (the person at the door would be a court processor!) Although with all the blessings he got, it might be best to just pay the ticket. SO glad that he is home and cannot believe that you are STILL pregnant.

Kami said...

I'm so glad everything is better! Good luck with the baby...it's your funeral :)

Kim L. said...

WOW! AMAZING story! So glad he's ok. NOW, you can GET THAT BABY OUT OF YOU!

Cindy said...

I am so happy that your Dad is home and on the road to recovery! Maybe there is a reason that little baby didn't want to come out last weekend! I will be thinking of you this week and hope she comes.

carmen said...

I love your dad, I'm glad he's home and doing fine. Please give him and your mom my love and a big hug from all of us - you haven't had your babes yet?? Good luck to you! I had to laugh out loud when I read your comment on facebook. You'll have to come up and visit in the summer sometime to escape the AZ heat. It really is beautiful here. It only gets really hot (80's - 90's) a few days out of the year, but when it does, it's pretty miserable, because, guess what?? No AC!! My hubby always gives me a hard time when I complaing about the heat. Aren't you from AZ?? he always asks me - but I have to remind him that in AZ there's AC AND swimming pools!!

Nicole Wynn said...

Wow. Im so happy to hear there is a happy ending to this story. My heart goes with you and your family during all of this..your alot stronger than me..especially to be thrown up on. lol Next, lets have a baby!

Crazy Momma said...

gald to hear he's home and doing better. Hope your next trip to the hospital you get to leave with your lil baby

Sheri said...

I'm so glad your dad is doing better.

Kirsten said...

So glad your dad is doing better! that is so scary. somebody was definitely looking out for him.

Kris &Tiersa LeSueur said...

Oh my gosh Trisha. That is so scary. I am glad he is doing ok. I worry about something like that happening to my dad EVERY DAY!! Hope your doing good too!! Can't wait to meet the little peanut when she decides to grace us with her presence

Brian said...

...your baby is one day old??? SWEET! They should give you an option to say it's one day overdue. And then show a pic of a VERY preggos girl pleading with the baby to come out.