When Emmy is hungry she just sits at the table and waits like this...
Typically she will eat whatever is put in front of her. Yes everything, even if it's not food! Ever since James had dinner at Rachels house he has been begging for shepard's pie... thanks Rachel! Actually, I made it a lot when we were first married but I knew it wouldn't please everyone's palate. Needless to say, James was excited for dinner tonight.
Anna, on the other hand, complains about every meal even if she has never tried it before. I had to call her over to the stove and tell her that she can't complain about dinner in front of Emmy because then Emmy won't eat. (Emmy always copies Anna ) I told her to look at what I was cooking and then run upstairs and scream in her pillow! It didn't really help because this is what she looked like during dinner. 

I always pictured my family sitting down to a nice home-cooked meal, laughing and enjoying each others' company... oh well, maybe next time!


14 comments:
That is hilarious. I go to my sister's home every Sunday, where she has seven very finicky children. It's always a treat to see who is going to complain about what for that particular meal. It's always something or someone. Happy to hear it happens in more than her family!
Yea, maybe NEVER! I always dream of that too but usually I am too busy running around making 5 different things for dinner because I'm a big SUCKER.
btw, it was a blast making the ice cream. And as usual, your dip was a hit. We missed you guys!
That is too funny. We have adopted a tradition that Brian had in his family growing up where you get to pick one food-and I mean just one-that you don't ever want to eat and you don't have to. That way it keeps me sane from feeling like I am a short-order cook because I refuse to make several different things for dinner just to make everyone happy. At our house you either eat what's in front of you or go hungry! Just call me the Dinner Nazi!!
Thank goodness I'm not the only one who has children that cringe at every meal unless it's hotdog and mac and cheese! I thought they were the only kids that cried ONLY at dinner time.:) Now I can relax.
Miranda screams, cries, runs to her room, begs, bribes, whatever she can to get out of eating ANYTHING that's not dessert or chips. The past few days I've been really strict and she's probably pretty hungry by now... unless she's sneaking food when I'm not looking. uhoh
Anna is SOOO Whitley it's scary! It doesn't matter what I fix, Whitley hates it! It does get better though. There's not alot of crying anymore. However, there does seem to be more burping and farting, which they think is hilarious! It never gets easier, it just gets different
Before you lose your mind remember that the numbers don't lie. 2 out of 3 happy eaters is a winning percentage.
Ryan is our picky eater and he frequently makes me want to jump off a bridge. I am seriously going to try the screaming in the pillow thing tonight!
That is hilarious!! I actually did that once when I was Anna's age - with hamberger helper and guess what my mom did?!?! She made me eat it for dinner for an entire week!!!! We are talking about 7 days of hamberger helper nasty-ness. I haven't really eaten it since. She scarred me for life!!!
That sounds like my house! Lindsey usually ends up going from the dinner table, straight to the bath, and then into her bed because she won't eat, or even try something she doesn't think looks good!
That is so funny! Kylee is totally the same way. She is always crying through dinner unless it is mac and cheese! Sick!
That reminds me of dinners at our house when I was growing up. The sad thing is, I was a lot like Anna. I didn't want to try anything that looked funny to me. The rule was that you just had to try it. If you didn't like it, then don't eat it, but you couldn't leave the table until you tried it. I remember sitting at the dinner table for a long long long time staring at applesauce.
Also, I'm with the "dinner Nazi". I make one thing for dinner. If you don't like it, you don't eat.
I love, love, love the pictures in this post.
those are great pictures! I can't wait to see the ones you took of marci.
That only happens on TV. ALL my kids cry about what ever I make even if they like it. They just assume they won't. Maybe I should learn how to cook.
You most likely are not going to see this comment before I see you but I am going to leave it anyways. I love the pictures of your kiddos and I love Anna's face it is priceless. I have the funniest story to tell you so if you do read this soon, look forward to it!!!
Post a Comment