Thursday, May 1, 2008

Bye Bye Chipotle Walls!

When we moved into our house we had plain white walls. I decided to paint the walls a green color. It never really grew on me so I was looking for a change. I loved the red walls in Chipotle and asked for a sample and the next day my walls were red. I did and still do love that red color it was just so dark and it's spring/summer and i want something lighter and brighter. (It will probably cover the sparky wall shhh!!) Now the walls are minty fresh stripes?? I was looking for a mix of blue-green but it's a little more green but I think Jared would kill me if I repainted it AGAIN.

I still need to finish the curtains and put stuff on the walls but it's growing on me. We totally think we will look back on it in a few years and wonder why we ever chose it but... remember orange carpet; gold couches?? Oh well it's not like I can't just repaint it!!!


Next project... What is this for???

21 comments:

Brian said...

Minty Fresh...You are so talented...but we already knew that!

The photo for the next project is the material you are using to Jared's summer Speedo?? Am I right?

Kristen said...

I love it! I love it! I love it!!!!! I can't wait to see what you do with the curtains!!! :) Have you decided what to do in the sparky room yet?

Lexi said...

That looks so pretty! Come paint my walls.

Brian said...

TRICIA...you said that you would keep the ASU room through this season...ok, you said you'd consider it. KEEP IT PLEASE???

Can't wait to see that Speedo of Jared's.

Kami said...

I like it. I don't have the guts to do something like that on my walls. I think it looks good. Where did you get that black and white fabric? I love it

Cara said...

I know what "that" is for. My carpet is the same black & white damask. I bought them at Target. I love your minty fresh room.

The Tate's said...

Dang you are good! Seriously it looks like are room in a magazine. Nice work!! Ok I am excited for your next project love the black and white fabric!!

Unknown said...

Who said it was fabric???

Amy said...

I love your walls. I don't think I'd have the nutter butters to pull that one off!

Brian said...

If it's not fabric, then Jared's Speedo is going to be very uncomfortable! I see a definite "seam". Is it a closet?

Nicole Wynn said...

Looks awesome! Aren't stripes so fun to paint and retouch once you pull the tape off? I love decorating my house. I just wish it was a cheaper project. Whatever you decide to use with the black and white I know it's going to look super trendy and chic!

Kirsten said...

It's pretty, I love it. anytime you want to go walking is fine by me (but I'm not a runner- pretty pathetic actually)

Courtney said...

Wow, I am MINT GREEN with envy that you can add color like that! I think the pattern (fabric?) is for the bench cushion covers you saw made of HGTV one day :) Am I right??

Jen Hilton said...

It turned out great. Isn't that your pillow fabric?

Sheri said...

That room looks fab!

Trina said...

I love it forever! That picture doesn't do it justice! It is really really awesome. I love it!!

Crazy Momma said...

is that a wall paper?

Unknown said...

Wow! I love it! You have inspired me to give my kitchen a color change. I can't wait to see it. Hopefully soon! If we ever pick a date!

Brandy said...

It really brightened that room up! It looks nice and light and airy!

Kristen said...

Can you come paint my house next?

Kris &Tiersa LeSueur said...

I love how your room turned out. It is super cute! Good job!

Tiersa