Saturday, June 7, 2008

San Diego!

California Trip Take 2!!
After leaving Sarah and Disneyland...


We made it to San Diego where James, Jared and his parents were meeting us. In the morning, we were off to Sea World. I have to admit, Emmy is the perfect age to take. She was excited about EVERYTHING and said some pretty funny stuff. The kids loved all of the shows and I thought I did well sitting in the splash zone!

I didn't at the first show and then I thought I wasn't being a very fun mom so I did and we all got soaked. Emmy loved the sharks, Anna loved the dolphins,
James loved Atlantis, and everyone was happy! We also came across the cutest little penguins!



On Sat. we went to SeaPort Villiage and walked around. We were sitting down enjoying a drink when Karen noticed a tv anchor from channel 3. She asked if we were from AZ and then came over and interviewed us. Jared and Jim were the main people shown but they all loved seeing each other on Monday morning! James asked if we are going to have to sign autographs now. ABSOLUTELY I said!

We went to Target to pick up a couple things and it was a two story Target. Total blog worthy material. I seriously was amazed. I thought putting your cart up an escalator was the best! (GTGT)



Later we went to the beach. It was so nice. It's great when your kids are a little older so I could just relax. We did all get in the water which was cold but Emmy loved it. We had to hold Emmy but the older one's loved going in by themselves! I was threatened that if I put any pictures of Jared at the beach on my blog it wouldn't be worth it. HMM?
I'm still debating, what can he do? Although the only other time he has said that to me was when I put James in a dress when he was 2months old and he really didn't talk to me for a couple days. Jared said I know how you are and it won't be funny!! That's where he's wrong, it would be hilarious!!
Finally we ate dinner and got ready for the morning we were waiting for. I had to drop Jared off at his race by 5am which was good it was only 5min from our hotel. Little did I know 20,000 other people would be doing the same thing. It took me over an hour to get back. When I got back to the hotel I got everyone ready and headed over to see Jared. Jim and Karen stayed with Emmy which worked out nicely because it was SO crowded. James, Anna, and I just hung out, made signs, played games, colored and then I looked for a spot to see him at the finish. The kids were so excited and then we saw him. He looked great, passed us and that was it. The kids were a little disappointed that they waited for hours to see dad for a second but they got cool cow bells so it was worth it.?. Jared's goal was to make in under 5 hours and he did. His time was 4:54 . He did great. I am so proud of him. Stop reading if you don't like cheese!! I am more proud of him in his training. I am training for the St. George marathon and couldn't do it by myself. I am training with other girls and that motivates me. Jared trained by himself. For his long runs, he woke up at 3:30, ran, went to work, and was still a great husband and dad after. He never ran with an ipod? I couldn't be with my own thoughts that long, and he never gave up. I am so impressed with his determination! Way to go babe!
Finally we headed home. It took us the same amount of time to drive from San Diego to AZ as it did for Jared to run his marathon! He was a little sun burned but he is doing great and is already back up and running in the mornings.

12 comments:

Sheri said...

It sounds like so much fun!

I've always been impressed with Jared's ability to make a goal and stick to it. No matter how hard...plus he always has a good attitude. It's a little annoying...j/k!

Lexi said...

I am so amazed with Jared! I thought for sure after his back thing he wouldn't be able to do it but he did! It sounds like you guys had a really good time, I can't wait to go to the beach!

Kristen said...

Way to go for Jared...and you supporting it! I WILL be asking for the autograph of the famous James.

Nicole Wynn said...

Way to go Jared! By the way, I totally saw him and his family on channel 3 that day! What are the chances of that happening. Sorry I keep missing you at the Buckle. Eventually we will catch up!

Brian said...

I think you should have sacrificed the 2 days of silence for the blog's cause! Also, I am the King of Cheese, and you have a long way to go babe..Good effort though.

CDR said...

Way to go Jared! Tricia I love the beach pictures. You are such an artist.

Jon said...

He looks like a kid in that picture of Jared sitting down at the bottom

Heather said...

Looks like a fun trip. I have totally been to that Target many times. Ginormous!

The Tate's said...

Sounds like so much fun. that target is amazing. And how does that cart thing work??? Crazy!! Very impressed with Jared's running rutine to train. I have to listen to something while I run too and I would never be able to get up that early. Way to go!!

BandHGardner said...

What a fun trip. Great job, Jared.

The Target in New York, well- New Jersey, is two story as well. Kind of fun!

Holly

Deanne said...

Marathons! You are guys are good. I don't ever have a desire to run a marathon. Sorry! San Diego is a blast. It will be fun when we can take our kids some day. Good memories!

Trina said...

Yae for a two story Target! Yae for Jared! How amazing! How is his back?