Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Is Fear a Factor for You??

For James' birthday this year he wanted a Fear Factor party. Since he was little he has LOVED that show.  We came up with a few things and I almost peed my pants it was so funny! 
I tried to think of things that involved gross things but that they really didn't have to eat or get messy. That was difficult. Maybe when he's older and if he wants another fear factor party I can make it like the real thing! I just didn't want kids to be embarrassed if they didn't want to do things or actually be scared. 
We started off pretty easy with just eating Donuts hanging from a string that they had to eat without their hands.  
Then they Bobbed for Apples with goldfish swimming around!
Next they retrieved money out of a jar of crickets.. This is when I started crying. The kids faces were hilarious when the crickets would jump on them. 
Then they threw a ball into a bulls eye and whatever number they landed on is how many jelly beans they had to eat. Oh, no... not good jelly beans the gross flavored Jelly beans!! Some of my personal favorites are: Vomit, pencil shavings, ear wax, skunk spray, booger, black pepper,                                                                    
 But my ALL TIME FAVORITE was MOLDY CHEESE. None of the kids could get through that. I was dying!!
I thought it turned out well. All the kids had fun and I came out of it with a good laugh. And a few neighbor kids came out of it with a few fish!!! hehehe! That makes it a success. 
Special thanks goes out to our videographer and clean-up crew... "Rogers!" 

10 comments:

Brian said...

Sounds hilarious! Count me in on the REAL Fear Factor party. If I can down a glass of 'Chunky' milk, being lactose intolerant, i'm all in for the coagulated blood balls! maybe...

Again, Happy Birthday James!

Rachel said...

Awesome! Great pics as well. I am glad James didn't invite me because I would have never made it passed the string of donuts.

Tara L. Stradling said...

I'm so glad it turned out well! FABULOUS pictures and I cracked up at all the funny gross jelly bean faces.

carmen said...

You are an amazing Mom!! How Fun! I bet James loved it!!

The Tate's said...

What a good idea!! IT looks like a fun party. I seriously dont understand how they make those jelly beans taste exactly how I would assume ear wax tastes. They are so gross. I actully am dry heaving thinking about them.

Trina said...

You are amazing! Seriously, where did you come from? Those jelly beans make me spew!

Sheri said...

Man, I'm sad Ben missed it. You are such a great mom for doing that!

Kristen said...

That is so funny!! I love it! :)

Unknown said...

What a fun party! Calvin saw the pictures of James and I asked him "who's that?" His response: "My Brother!"Too funny. Can't wait to see you guys!

Kim said...

What a great party idea for boys. I bet they loved it.
James is awesome. I'm glad he had a fun party.