Sunday, May 17, 2009

Cali/Mother's Day

Here is the flashback....
It is the week of Road Shows. MADNESS! With the normal tasks of being a wife, mother, and growing a human, roadshows and other side jobs had me exhausted. I really wanted to go to California and have one last trip before the baby comes. I typically ask my friends in Cali. if we could stay with them and if we can possibly get into Disneyland, THEN I ask Jared. With our free night stay we had earned earlier I didn't really forsee any problems. When I told Jared he was a little hesitant which was wierd because he normally doesn't ever care. I didn't understand but with everything that has hit us in the last few months I didn't want to push or pressure him so I dropped it.  
A few days later I walked in the house after a meeting with dinner or should I say brinner (breakfast for dinner) on the table. Jared made bacon, eggs and mickey mouse waffles. He has done this in the past so I wasn't reading the signs.  As we are all talking about our day at the table Jared said we should do something fun before 'peanut' comes. I was still thinking a day at the park, maybe the movies but he said 'Everyone... look under your plates'! I lifted my plate and taped to all of them was a piece of paper that said we were going to Disneyland!! I told Jared I had emailed Candice and Sarah and already told them we were not coming. Apparently he emailed them too and told them he was surprising me and they emailed me back playing along.  Jared CAN'T keep a secret and has a hard time hiding things from me. I generally know if a surprise is coming. HOWEVER, I can honestly say I had NO idea and I don't know if I like that he is getting better at keeping secrets from me!! 
I left a day early with the kids to hang out with Sarah and just visit the little places I miss. Here they are in all their glory! Bryant was a trooper and watched all 6 kids so Sarah and I could walk to an AMAZING little frozen yogurt place Tutti Frutti. I wish I took my camera because AZ doesn't have anything like this place, at least that I am aware of!! The next morning we ate at Rubies on the pier. I think this is starting to be our tradition!  (I forgot to take a picture so the last minute I took this one! Love ya Sarah!) Then I checked into the hotel, had a funny conversation with the receptionist, picked up Jared... yada yada!
The kids were SO excited to go to Disneyland. When we got there we rode a few rides together before the boys did there thing and we did ours! My day consisted of princesses, kiddie rides, and frozen lemonade. We went to Ariel's Grotto which was a first time for me.
  Jared took James on all of the fun rides which I was sad about seeing that I can't ride them because of my current condition! James rode the malaboomer 4 times and loved it. Later we went to see if Emmy was tall enough for Soarin' over California. She was SO excited when she found out she was. Jared and I were laughing so hard along with our whole row with things that Emmy was saying during the ride.  I really wonder what little kids are thinking about when they ride some of those rides! We normally only spend a few hours at Disneyland because someone will get tired. I really thought that person would be me or Emmy because we didn't have a stroller. To my surprise, we lasted over 9hours at the park and all had a blast.
The next day we met up with Candice for a day at the beach. Even though it was a little overcast, the kids jumped right in. We went boogie boarding, buried each other, ate sand, and saw our own version of baywatch! We planned on playing the whole day but it was getting to cold. After we rested a little, we went back to Downtown Disney and ate with Candice at the ESPN Zone. Her husband is the manager there! We walked downtown disney then I think we were all feeling the affects of our weekend. We were all tired so we went to catch some zzzz's!
The only thing I really wanted to do when Jared was there was go to Corner Bakery! I LOVE that place and always go when we are in Cali. So we topped off our trip with my favorite lunch and said goodbye to Cali for awhile. Until next time....

12 comments:

Sarah Hull said...

I might KILL you with that picture of me! Are you KIDDING!!!!! I am going to ring your neck sister!
That picture of our 500 kids in the backyard is super cute though!

I LOVED having you guys here and it was even more fun being in on the surprise!!!

SO glad you all were able to come!

PS..Those beach pictures are FABULOUS!!!
LOVE YA!

Brian said...

Mickey Mouse waffles? That's cute! Sounds like a blast! I have never eaten at Ariel's Grotto and I really don't foresee ever eating there? I have wanted to try ESPNZone though. I think a day anywhere with Emmy would be a funny adventure!! Anyway, I'm glad you all had fun. And I'm glad that J manned up and surprised you. Good job J.

CDR said...

I love how you call it your current condition. Those really are such cute pictures, you are so great at taking photos!

Sheri said...

I'm jealous. I'm dying to go to the beach.

Cindy said...

Such a fun trip! I miss Cali. But, enough of visiting California. Why don't you come and visit your friend in Utah???

top knot extensions said...

HOW FUN!!! and good job Jared!!! You guys are REGULARS at disneyland!! Do the carectors all know your names????!!!

Trina said...

So fun, I am so jelous! Glad you all had fun!

Brian said...

Hey, just a FYI, but there is now a Corner Bakery Cafe in Peoria. It's a drive, but not as far as Cali. Thought you'd want to know. Take Luck!

Joe said...

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW...
I.... am..... DYING to go to Disneyland/ California Adventure!!!!!

Disneyland/California Adventure and Embassy Suites ( the one with the lion ) are my fav. places EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Joe said...

oh..... my fav. rides r : MaliBOOMer, Cali. Screamin, Indiana Jones, Haunted Mansion( only wen its jack the pumpkin king style) Splash Mountain, pretty much ALL the mountains, idk? they r ALL SO GOOD!!!!!!!!!

The Farnsworth Family said...

Your trip looks like SO much fun. We definitely need to take our family the happiest place.

Jake and Lynn said...

WHAT!!!!! Dude how did I miss you!!! Next time I guess...that seriously stinks.