That same night, we ran James to his first pinewood derby. Oh, he had GREAT plans for his car. As time went by (and with his parents lack of carpentry skills) we took the piece of wood to our neighbor and had him cut it for us. Luckily James is such a laid back kid. His only wish was to not come in last every time!!
It was a lot of fun but I began to wonder if it was more for the dad's or for the boys'? Well James' wish came true!! He only came in last one time and actually won a race too! 
Wednesday, May 27, 2009
James' GOT TALENT!
On the way to school James grabbed his piano book in a hurry. When I asked why, he yelled from the street... ' I'm trying out for the school talent show!' I hadn't heard anything about it but let him do his thing. After school, he informs me that he has made it into the talent show. When I asked him to play the song he played my heart skipped a beat, I was SO proud, then I started feeling a little embarrassed. Although in his book it is called something else, the tune 'There's a place in France where the....' played flawlessly on my piano. You remember right?? What was a mom to do? I didn't want to squish his dreams and tell him to pick another song but I couldn't let him play that song and have there be giggling in the audience could I?? There were weeks until the preformance so in that time he found a song that he liked better! I went back to my heart skipping a beat and beaming with pride! I was so proud that he not only tried-out, but played the piano in front of several people! Way to go buddy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
When I heard him play I was beaming with pride for Chip's student more-so then when chip played himself.
btw only 70 days...this preg has flown by!!!
I seriously LOVE that kid. And I know that he has a special place in Kim's heart. He always has. Way to go James!!
James is such a happy, all around AWESOME kid!
when is the talent show?
You mean to say that Jared isn't super excited about building pinewood derby cars??? I think that is probably one thing that makes Randy sad about not having any boys.
James is SUPER AWESOME. I love the last picture. He looks so happy.
Post a Comment