On Saturday, we lounged around in the morning then hooked up some canoes, crammed in the Jeep, and headed to Big Lake. All of the kids were SO excited. It was a little over cast when we got there and definitely looked like rain but no one cared. We unloaded and all hopped in a canoe.
James got in with a couple of boys while Jared and I were with the girls. The girls' were talking about what canoe they wanted, where they wanted to paddle, what songs they would sing, what they were going to see, blah blah blah... We paddled away, laughing, singing, and having fun. UNTIL, the wind started and the rain came down. The canoe started rocking and we were getting splashed from the waves and the girls' giggling quickly turned to hysterical crying.
Jared and I were paddling as fast as we could back to where we started but Jared was making it difficult. He however never stopped the laughing or the singing which made it hard for me to think! I was laughing so hard the tears in my eyes made it difficult for me to paddle in the right direction! Needless to say, we made it to shore just fine and I think the girls' first canoe trip just became their last!
When we got back to the cabin, being mostly boys... 7boys to 4 girls counting my kids, the MAJORITY thought it would be fun to blow stuff up and shoot things!


One of the YSA's, we will just call him 'PYRO' brought up an old computer to shoot, a massive potato gun, and lots of ammo!
We had several different kinds of guns, and bows, and potatoes! We set up targets, plugged our ears, and started shooting!
This was a lot of fun had by all!
Sunday= Lazy day and the weather permitted it! It hailed a few times during the day and it was wonderful. I LOVED the sound and smell of it. We all huddled on the porch and just watched it fall. At night we headed further in the woods, had a fire, and roasted marshmallows!
The next morning everyone packed up and headed home. After everyone had gone it was nice to spend a few hours with just our little family. We can't wait to visit the cabin again!
5 comments:
I love the picture of Jared smiling with the girls crying - it cracks me up!! Sounds like a way fun weekend! How lucky for you to have a fun getaway spot - and in such a pretty place!
I'm sorry but is it wrong that I can't help but laugh at the pic of Anna and Emmy crying and picturing you and J laughing hysterically? And James looks super cool with the gun! Sounds like a blast, no pun intended. I can't wait to get back there!!!
Anna face is great in the canoe! Sounds like a super fun trip. Did you guys make it to San Diego???
How fun!!! Loved the grout post...every day, I hate grout more and more. It is a very annoying thing to live in a house with light grout, stained with oil from the previous tenants. It will never look as good as yours, but please don't ever let that stop you from coming to visit us. Just because it looks like mold, doesn't mean it is :) LOVE the canoe picture!!!
I LOVE, LOVE that picture of Jared smiling in the back of the canoe with Anna & Emmy crying their eyes out.
Hilarious!
Post a Comment