Thursday, June 25, 2009

Take me out to the ball game....


Jared scored some pretty sweet tickets to the Diamondbacks game on Tues. We had one extra ticket and of course brought James. We didn't tell him exactly where the seats were because we weren't 100% positive. However, he is ALWAYS excited to go to the games and I was excited to have a date with my boys! Thank you Kristen and Scott for having a slumber party with my girls! He gathered his ball, marker, glove, rattle, and other things that apparently are a necessity for the game. After we picked up our tickets we headed toward our seats. We were escorted down to a little section right next to the dugout. There was only a net between us and the players. Needless to say, James was in HEAVEN. The usher told James to get his ball out and start asking the players for autographs.  Stephen Drew, Justin Upton (Jared's man-crush), Eric Byrnes, and some other players all signed his ball. He even asked Eric Byrnes to sign his jersey which now he refuses to wear!! He would stand there during the innings to get high fives, some of the players gave him gum, Ryan Roberts threw him his sweat band which James thought was gross and equally cool, and we just listened to the players talk (and yawn!).    I think at that point was when James leaned over and said, "How can it only be the 2nd inning and the best day of my life!" 
About every 3 innings they switch out the bases. The usher handed the ACTUAL 3rd base to James and I thought he was going to burst! Top that off with some nachos, cotton candy, and a win (which is rare this season) James will remember that game for the rest of his life! 

9 comments:

Brian said...

I think that is one of the COOLEST things I have ever seen. I'm sure that he WILL remember that for the rest of his life! So he actually got to keep the base??? Also, I will admit that I'm a super fan of Ryan Roberts. He has the coolest tats!!! I'm super jealous, but happy that you guys got to go!!

Sheri said...

You guys suck. I mean that in the nicest way possible.

Seriously.

Cindy said...

I am sure James was in Heaven. (Jared probably too!) And Happy belated Birthday. I am such a slacker and can't believe I forgot.. Please forgive me friend!!

Kim L. said...

WOW WOW WOW. SOOOOOOOO cool.

amattiee said...

that's awesome tricia! i'm glad you are able to get out and about during your pregnancy! if you need anything, just let me know, i'll be ready with a meal when you need it!

carmen said...

How FUN for you guys and how WAY COOL for James!! It's so much fun to see your kids enjoy something like that!!

Crazy Momma said...

wow that is amazing!!! That will stay the best day of his life for a long time I'm sure. I love the picture with the base, that's so funny. I too loved going to the games and we sat in nosebleeds, so he must be jumping out of his skin telling his friends.

Kim said...

Lucky James. I'm glad that he got to have the best day of his life. He is awesome.

Tara L. Stradling said...

I LOVED this post and I LOVED the picture of James. What an amazing experience for him and really, just how cool?!?