Thursday, June 28, 2007
the day from HE double hockey sticks!!!
It started off okay. However Jared did read the paper and the headline said 'travelers expect delays!' That should have been a clue for us. We got the kids situated and we were off. Phoenix was good we got everything checked in and the plane was on time. We were in group C and the plane was full so Jared and I didn't even sit by each other. Unfortunately Jared was the skinniest boy in his row!! I really wish I took a picture but none of them looked to happy. I on the other hand found it very comical. Poor Jared was in the middle of 2 men twice his size. I would've switched but my spot wasn't much better! We had to rush in Chicago to switch planes so we ate at the first place we saw. We got back just in time to see that our flight was delayed 4 hours!! AHHHHH! Every flight was either cancelled or delayed. We landed in RI and just barely got to the rental car place before they closed, at least that was a relief. By now, it is midnight! We got the rental car and Jared had map quested our hotel which should've taken about 45min. Downtown was crazy with one way streets and toll roads... we called the hotel, got someone who you knew english was a second language and gave us really really crappy directions. Needless to say, we did get to our hotel, we both wanted to just jump in bed and go to sleep. We got in our room racing for the bed just to see that we each get one!!!! We called down to see why we had 2 beds and they said they are completely booked so we just had to deal with it. Hopefully today we can switch. We are definitely hoping today is an improvement!!! At least our hotel is attached to a mall!! Yea ME!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
That is so funny! I really wish I could have seen Jared on the plane. I love the look on his face when he's irritated! Have fun..love ya both
Are you guys just taking a vacation alone (for fun)? I am sorry you guys got off to a rough start.. I hope the rest of the trip is better for you.
I am so sorry that the start of your vacation is bad. I am sure it will perk up; especially after that 10K you are running :)!! Well I am glad you have computer access because I don't know time it is where you are and I didn't want to call. I am not sure how I am getting in your house tomorrow and I have some questions about the San Diego hotel. Anyways this is turning into a long email so call me when you get a chance. Sorry this is so long you can erase it if you want.
I just have to laugh, because it feels like that is every plane trip we take...don't understand our bad airplane karma?? Hopefully, the trip back is better :)
Post a Comment