Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Monday Funday????

Anna had an early dentist appointment and had to be given laughing gas. I felt prepared because James had to get some teeth pulled and I was scared but I didn't think it was a big deal now. After about 15min, Anna had the entire office rolling. James would just stare at the TV and occasionally talk. I told them that any medication has different results for Anna, and laughing gas is no exception. Oh if I only had my video camera! Anna couldn't go to school that day so I spent the day catering to Anna's every need.

We told the kids we would go see Santa that night but it was already 2pm and I hadn't even showered. I took a quick shower, helped with homework, taught voice lessons, got everyone ready then waited for Jared.

We decided to go to Supersition Springs Mall because we thought it wouldn't be as crowded. As we were looking for a parking spot a lot of big trucks would purposely park in 2 spots oh how I hate that. I pass one parking spot and Jared said you can fit in that... So I reverse and then pull into the narrow spot. I wasn't even half way in when I hear scratching. Not the scratching of kids fighting, not the scratching of Jareds nails on my back, the scratching of two metal pieces rubbing together. Yep Merry Christmas to me!! I reversed again, parked in a far spot and Jared asked if I had a pen. We couldn't find any paper in our dirty car but what do you know, we have a dirty paper plate so we wrote a letter on that.




We had to wait in line for a little over an hour for Santa. (Really I should say Jared and the kids waited, I went shopping!! ) I came back when they were close and Emmy was so funny. She said she couldn't wait to tell Santa she wanted a purple bike! We had our 30 seconds with a rather skinny Santa and the kids (and Jared) were starving.


We were eating dinner and the kids wanted a dipped cone at DQ. I said they had to eat a mushroom if they wanted ice cream. Jared is the only one that likes them so he told me I had to eat one too! Anna tried first and completely barfed all of her dinner on her plate. I was laughing so hard but the people sitting next to us were grossed out. I told James whoever ate theirs first (him or me) got their ice cream dipped. Oh, the face was priceless. He said he was just going to pretend he was on Fear Factor and go for it. I tried so hard to beat him. I gagged twice and couldn't do it. James finished his so I spit mine out. Needless to say we all earned our ice cream even if Jared said I only deserved a kiddy cone! I was getting the kids ready for bed and I was changing into comfy clothes when Jared yells Tricia come here. I ran down in virtually nothing and luckily Jared stoped me at the stairs and said that people were here! WHEW! Our neighbors Kenny and Melody (gingerbread house winners) were bringing us a plate of goodies. We sat and talked awhile. Then of course we had to go sing some Karaoke at his house. He has a really awesome Karaoke set up and I love going.



What a Monday!

10 comments:

drjlambson said...

I know if I had been driving we would have for sure fit in that spot.

Brian said...

I love mushrooms!!! What's the big deal? I may have to bring over a plate of goodies...

Alisa said...

You guys are a bunch of pansies. Come on, Mushrooms? People should be grossed out when the kid next to them barfs on the table, but not so much by mushrooms.

We have always marveled at the Lambson definition of "if it wasn't for bad luck I'd have none"...on the good side I'm glad nobody was hurt.

Next time let Dr. J drive.

Trina said...

That sounds fun! Santa and Ice Cream! And some extra paint to go along! I tried to take Addy to Santa but she has strong feelings against the man!

Sheri said...

How fun! I love mushrooms and cherry-dipped cones so I would've won for sure!

Kim said...

I think it's funny that Jared made you eat a mushroom too, and not just the kids. You were a good sport to at least try to eat one.

I love the picture of Emmy. It's too cute.

The Tate's said...

Your kids seriously are so much braver than mine. The dentist would not have gone so smooth and the santa thing there is always one kid crying and I think they would chose no ice cream over attempting to eat mushrooms (well Jeffry anyways). I am in town...I know it is crazy but we have to hang out before I leave. I will call you. Have a great Wednesday!!!

Courtney said...

Tricia, I am totally loving the fact that you are back to the blogging universe! Love the mushroom story!

Cara said...

Emmy looks so cute in the last picture. Did you know her shoes are on the wrong feet?

Unknown said...

Her shoes are always on the wrong feet. She is in the 'I DO IT' phase.