Last year Paul, Stacy, and their family made sack lunches to feed the homeless on Christmas Eve. This year we decided to add numbers to that and the whole
Lambson crew helped.

We assembled the lunches and
caravaned to downtown Phoenix. I drilled into the kids to stay by Jared or me because I was scared they would get lost or grabbed. When we got there, other groups were handing out blankets and clothes. At first my kids were scared probably because of me but after just a few minutes, they were loving it.

The homeless were so excited and grateful. Paul and Stacy said that last year they had to turn people away because they didn't have enough lunches this year we made 100 lunched and had enough to give people 2.

I was amazed that some people turned down a second lunch because they wanted everyone else to get one.

I was proud of my family and extended family

in how much everyone really had fun and enjoyed helping out. It really was a great start to all of the
hustle and
bustle of that next 48 hours.
12 comments:
You need to send me those pictures. They made me cry.
Tricia what an awesome thing. Last year Cody and I did 72 hour kits and 2 weeks of food for 3 homeless people and the feeling of true gratitude in my heart for the things I have, and the feeling of brotherhood and sisterhood that was exchanged through the looks in these people's eyes will never leave my mind and heart. I love that you guys did this and that you shared this post. It really helped bring back those feelings. Thanks!! Isn't this the true meaning and things we are supposed to get during this crazy time of year? Sorry for the ramble... :)
Okay I am on the verge of tears; I think that is amazing that you and your family did that. It really will help the kids understand the true meaning of Christmas. Oh and by the way I think you should blow that picture up of Emmy and the man it is priceless!
What a great thing to do with your children!! Good job, Super Mom!
I love that you did that. You are doing so much for others as well as teaching your children great lessons. I love the pictures too.
Tricia you are awesome! I so need to do that next year
That is fun! I really wish I was able to be there. I didn't think Addy would really care or get it but I helped her make some sacks the night before and she was crazy into it!
Your pictures are really good! You should get a gallory or something!
That is a really neat idea. I would like to do that with my family when the kids are older. It's a good way to teach them service.
I can't get over the fact that some of the homeless turned down a second lunch for others. There ARE quality people living on the streets. If we could only get them off the streets...
I am sure your children will remember this Christmas. It is times like that I remember most. Thank you for sharing your experience.
Holly
Wow Tricia. What an awesome experience for you and your kids. They will remember that forever!
That is the best idea!!! I am going to have to find out how it was all put together maybe I will try to do that next year. Oh and I saw Anna at the gym today in the child center!!!
Post a Comment