I said BYE to James as he left for school yesterday and headed for the gym. I heard my phone but didn't recognize the number so I didn't answer. They left a message so I checked....
"Hi, Mrs. Lambson this is *Sarah (name changed), your son's nurse at school. He has been involved in a bicycle accident, I would appreciate it if you would return my call!" WHAT? I hurried and called to see what happened. Long story short, James was on the front pegs of his friends bike on the way to school. They hit a bump and James went flying. I thought... okay a few scratches no big deal. I talked to James on the phone and he said he could stay at school so I let him. I called his teacher to check up and him and she said he had some pretty good scrapes so I was a little sad. When he got home he showed us his battle wounds and was pretty proud of his fall. He has scrapes on both of his legs, his ankle is swollen, his shoulder is burned, and he said the bike ran over his head and arm?! He has little bumps and scratches all over his body! I don't know how that all happened. I guess now it might motivate Jared to fix the chain on James bike so he can ride himself to school!



10 comments:
Oh poor James. He really was tough though, once the moaning and limping passed.
but the question is, did he get to go to the Diamondbacks game?
Poor James. Those are some battle scars. I hope he is feeling better.
Ouch! How the heck did all of that happen? Good thing he didn't break any bones. Classic about missing the nurse's phone call. Don't we all do that? Also, it's a good thing you changed the nurse's name so you don't get any nasty phone calls from the principal.
Ok I just had to ask Chip if this was him. NICE! He said nothing about it til' now. Sorry James!
Man! Poor little guy! He is so brave!! I would have begged to come home for sure.
I don't know what the bottom picture is of - it's freaking me out.
Poor James - if Jared can't fix his bike, Ian can. Just let us know.
Poor thing!!! Atleast he is proud of it, right??
What a stud! So brave to stay at school!! Poor thing!
Trisha I will send my son over again and show him how bike tricks work and how to fall without getting hurt. Ü
Hope James is feeling better.
Post a Comment