Tuesday, February 19, 2008

MOTHER OF THE YEAR

Awhile ago, I get a phone call from James' teacher Kristen. She informs me that James was so excited about starting a science chapter that he yelled "holy hell"! Luckily I am friends with Kristen and she thought it was funny. Today, Anna is walking home with a group of people, her bandaid fell off and she says "Ah, Damn it!" James immediately ran home to tell on her and she runs in with the most confused look on her face and said, "I didn't know it was a bad word, you always say it!" I couldn't stop laughing. For all of you that know our family know that they learned this from their father!!

Don't anyone try to steal my "Mother of the Year" award!

18 comments:

Kristen said...

That is hilarious!!!

CDR said...

Tricia- that is pretty funny. You have to ask Marci what Gavin has been saying, I was craking up yesterday!

Brian said...

Holy Hell-o Tricia, that is way funny. You won't see me trying to take away your "Mother" of the year award.

Sheri said...

I could totally steal it. Has your child screamed, "I'M GOING TO KILL YOU!" at Target at you? Clearly, I'm the winner.

Becca said...

Ahh the swear words - My most humiliating swear word moment was when I asked my friend's mom what the "f" word in Spanish was. She was slightly taken aback that it came from my mouth, but then I was teased mercilessly!

Rachel said...

That is classic! Absolutely hilarious!

Amy said...

That's definately impressive- I have many accomplishments of my own I could share, but my favorite is Kennedy asking me if "MOTHER OF HELL" was okay to say?

Cara said...

Yah, Jared has the biggest potty mouth! He really needs to work on it.

Marci said...

I knew it was Jared who taught those children those words. He is always saying those phrases :)!!Although I understand that there are "bad words" you can't deny it is still hilariousa

Kristen said...

Maybe I should be calling Jared next time he uses such fould language...hmmm. At least your kid likes science, and pretty much anything else we do. =)

Lexi said...

Of course it's Jared! Who else could it be!?!?

Tara L. Stradling said...

I. Can't. Stop. Laughing!

Amanda said...

I just tell my kids, "those are words Grandma's don't like." That way we don't get into too much trouble by them when mom and dad say them. :)

The Tate's said...

That cracks me up! I love that James was that excited about science. Too funny!

Kami said...

Oh that is funny. I don't believe that such things could come out of your mouth!

Chelsea said...

That is the best story!!

carmen said...

way too funny...I had to share with my husband and we cracked up! We could share some stories. My word is Sugar Honey Ice Tea!!

Andy said...

That is great. I don't remember Jared being quite a potty-mouth though. I guess he has that Jared way of making it funny or something so it's not so noticeable. Just today Jacob said "Damage!" and I asked what that's supposed to mean and he just said, "Another word for 'harm'" Who knows where that came from.