Sunday, February 10, 2008
Thankful #5
I am thankful for MUSIC! RARELY do I go anywhere without my IPOD. I have a CRY/MMM playlist for those days you just need a good cry, just think, or songs that make you happy. I have a WORKOUT playlist which consists of upbeat fast music, a KIDS playlist full of Hannah Montana, Kids bop, and the Enchanted soundtrack (which I actually like), a JOSH GROBAN playlist because DUH he deserves his own, and a PLAY TIME playlist which you might not want me to explain!!!!
I love my PIANO. I have played the piano since I was 4yrs. old. For that many years I should definitely be better than I am but still I love it. Jared bought me a digital piano for Christmas one year when we were in school. It was nice because in our tiny apt. I could put on my headphones and play as loud as I wanted. The kids love when I play the piano and sing when it is bed time. I haven't discovered if they actually like it or they are just stalling for bedtime but I still do it. I play the piano when I am happy, sad, or mad. It just calms me or makes me happy. I can't really explain it, but I know I couldn't live without it.
GUITAR. This is a new one. I have always wanted to sing and play the guitar but never got around to it. I am currently taking guitar lessons from an awesome teacher MATT. I just bring him a cd with the songs I want to learn and he teaches me it. I just wish I could master it over night but I am appreciting guitar more just from the callouses on my fingers!
I am thankful for music. I think it can enhance the mood I am in or completly change it. I definitely know that I am happier to have music in my life. I really don't think I could ever live without it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



8 comments:
I love music too. I wish that I had my own i-pod and that I could play the guitar.
I want to hear you play your guitar. We need to come over for a game night and hear your guitar playing skills!!!
I have tried on multiple occasions to learn to play the guitar!! I have never taken lessons, thinking that I could master it myself, but we can all see how successful that was....
Rumor has it that Mark and I might be singing a musical number soon - if that happens can I bribe you into playing the piano for us!?
Remember when you gave us one of your CD's of beautiful church songs when you left California? Well, just 2 days ago, one of your songs started playing from my computer and I thought, "Tricia is going to be a famous musician someday and I have one of her first recordings :)" I missed you a lot when I heard your amazing voice and wanted to cry remembering some of the fun things we did in Cali and when you flew out to my baby shower. I just love ya, girl! Good job for learning guitar...as if you weren't amazing enough :)
I have found if I am in a bad mood and I actually want to be grumpy for a while, I can NOT play the piano because it always always always makes me feel better, whether I want to or not.
SO jealous about the guitar. It is so much more mobile than a piano and I've always wanted to learn. Some day...
Love you dolly!
I can't wait to go cheer you on at open mic night! Not quite sure if that is how you spell mic, I want to put Mike but I don't know if that right either.
I don't know what I would do without music in my life. I love it soooo much. The other day, I was having the worst day ever, I was in such a bad mood. My favorite song of all time happened to come on the radio. By the time it was over, I was a different person.
I need to get your guitar guy's #. Joseph has been begging me to take lessons. Maybe I'll go with him.
Ummm when I read the title, I immediately pictured us in the car in HS singing along to a certain group (who i'm sure we never want our kids to know we were singing to). Do you know what I'm talking about??
Post a Comment