I love that at the cabin time stands still. I could wash dishes and look out the window at the views forever. Don't get me wrong when I am washing the dishes at home and see Mr. T walk by it also puts a smile on my face. HOWEVER... I needed to get out of the house for a little bit and a trip to the lodge was just what I needed.
Jared and I were hysterically laughing at the amount of stops that were made on the way up but we made it to Native NewYorker in time. The last few times we have been in ShowLow we have stopped there and I have to say it is going to be a tradition! (Honey Hot wings MMM!)
Right before we left Jared decided he was going to take James snowboarding. I of course couldn't go... (which why does Jared always do fun things when I am pregnant? As I recall he was involved in this too! Why does he get to have all the fun?jk) BUT Jared took this picture in my absence.
James said he had a blast. He went on and on and on and on and on (typical if you know James) about his trip especially his totally cool front flip. Who cares if it was a complete accident!
Later that day we took the kids sledding. It was FREEZING. The kids, well James and Emmy, had fun hitting bumps and crashing but one time hitting a bump with Anna and she had enough.
( Don't let Anna's sweet smile fool you!) We are always questioning where Anna's genes came from because Jared and I were both daredevils but she just watched (cough cough whined) until the other kids were done. Anna was content coloring, painting, drawing, cutting, and crafting all day.
We spent Sunday lounging around and getting ready to go. I loved looking out the window and seeing the kids making snowmen, pushing each other on the sled, and just having fun. There is something about the cabin that makes you relax, makes you forget your reality, makes you breathe. I am so glad I went and had a chance to unwind with good views, good food, and good company!
9 comments:
It's weird how 2 days can feel like a week up there. I don't know what it is. I love that James doesn't care that his front flip was an accident. Hey, some of the best things happen on accident! Glad you got out, but from what I hear there hasn't been a lot of "bed" in your "bed rest"?!?!
i'm so jealous!
ok I know it's been a while since I read your blog but I know I've read most of the post must have missed a few... u r prego??!!! wow awsome? I'll scroll down and try to see where I missed that... your trip looks fun. we had 17" in 42 hours in the mountains about 40 mins from us, I'm a little sick of cold and snow :)
IT sounds so fun!! Congrats on the pregnancy too. Hope the sick days come to an end soon and you feel better!!
ok so I just spent the whole night on the net looking for that bun in the oven tee... could you please tell me how to get one????
ok so i dont have your email?? i love the oven shirt with the bun in the O. but would love to see some others! I have a cute knocked up one. my new email is on my blog but just in case ryanfamilyco@comcast.net
I miss you too it's crazy how quickly I grew to love gilbert and how hard it's been to come "home" it just doesn't feel like "home" now.
The cabin does wonders for me too. It's good for the soul.
That's awesome that James went boarding. I can't wait to hear about it!
Native NewYorker??!! Wow! I haven't heard that in a very, very, long time! I had forgotton all about how much I loved that place - best wings around - and they were (at one time, many moons ago) very cheap!! Thanks for taking me back! Your trip looks fun, well I'm sure the r&r did you good! I'm trying to get all the Wallens on Facebook. My friend, Crista Cluff started a group for all the old Chandler 4th warders. I'm telling you, you should try it, you'll like it!
Tricia,
I am here in Beijing looking at your blog. I love the pictures of the kids and I'm glad you had a good time at the cabin.
Love,
Karen
Post a Comment