Sunday, January 25, 2009

Lazy Days!

I have to say I have a hard time when someone says I can't do something. I honestly had a hard time sitting around the last few weeks. I did do a lot of sewing (post to come) and other things that don't require much effort. I have relied so much on Jared. Actually I didn't even have to ask and when I would come downstairs it would be clean. He made sure laundry was put away, dishes were done, and everything was clean even the kids!  (Mushy I know)Jared would actually get mad at me if he came home and noticed something was cleaned.  I have actually enjoyed getting back into a routine and cleaning and doing the things mom's do. (don't get me wrong 10min of that crap and I was done!!) 

Saturday morning the kids did all of their chores, the house was clean, and they wanted to play outside. I decided to watch some food network channel, which I have grown to love, when I hear the noises outside that I wait to hear every Saturday morning. I look outside and see what I only wish I grew up in. 
In one corner boys were playing football, in the other my little babysitter and a friend were playing music, making up dance routines, Emmy and Anna and their friends were playing at the park, riding bikes and mesmerized by some older boys doing tricks on their ramps. I decided to sit in the driveway and watch it all happen. Hence the picture is so far away. Did you think I was getting up? What's one more lazy day right?  Jared said that this is the type of neighborhood he grew up in and remembers his sisters making up dance routines in the driveway to Cyndi Lauper!! (sorry sil's)  
My kids were out there ALL day. They came in every so often for drinks and lunch but played outside for hours.
 
Although my bathtub has a ring of dirt around it, I am so glad we live in a neighborhood where there are so many kids. 

13 comments:

Brian said...

I was lucky and grew up in a similar neighborhood and our house was the place to be. Unfortunately Joe hasn't had the same luck. I just wish that the house near you that was foreclosed didn't sell so fast, then he would get to live in a neighborhood that he would love. As for you, one more lazy day isn't too much to ask.

Kirsten said...

we SO live on the wrong street. I'm tempted to buy the Weihmers.

Karen Lambson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Karen Lambson said...

Tricia,

Thanks so much for feeding Grandpa James while I was in China. I love reading about your family and seeing pictures on your blog. I am looking forward to my date with Anna on Wednesday.

Love, Karen

Rachel said...

we're glad you live here too.

Brian said...

Also, just ask Kim about my love for The Food Network! It's sad but true.

summer c said...

i'm so glad your feeling better you sweet little butterfly you! That is awesome that your kids live in a great neighborhood! That is so fun!

Sheri said...

That's how we grew up and my kids are growing up the same way. They run around outside and I love it!

CDR said...

Who is that beautiful family atop your page? I know who it is. What a great family pic. So glad things are going well for you and fetus.

Lexi said...

How fun! I wish we had a park that was that close to our house!

Trina said...

LUCKYYYY!

carmen said...

I love reading your blog, Tricia! I like your new profile pic, too - way cute family!!

Crazy Momma said...

I so miss gilbert for all the friends the girls had just with in 6 houses. You are a lucky lady!! In so many ways, 1st your hubby great job, then your super cute kids, and that baby for giving you some time off :)